Beer Battered Crumbed Fish
Love the sport of spearfishing but don't have an inkling on how to cook a fish? In this new series founder and owner of Adreno, Tim Neilsen, will show you how to Cook Your Catch.
This is Tim's recipe for beer battered fish with a twist! Tim likes to get an extra crunch on his beer battered fish by adding panko crumbs before frying it up until golden brown. This recipe is great for absolutely any fish - quick, easy, tasty and a family favourite.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel now for fortnightly fish recipes, spearfishing videos, spearfishing tips and gear reviews
- Lightly whisk the egg, add the flour and mix well.
- Slowly add the beer and combine well.
- Place beer batter in the fridge for approximately half an hour.
- Dip fish into beer batter then roll in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil to deep fry. Add fish to oil, making sure not to overload the pan with too many pieces of fish at once.
- Cooking times will vary depending on the sizes of the pieces of fish. Remove once cooked through.
- Serve with favourite side salad.