Love the sport of spearfishing but don't have an inkling on how to cook a fish? In this new series founder and owner of Adreno, Tim Neilsen, will show you how to Cook Your Catch.
Possibly our favourite crayfish recipe - but you can substitute crayfish for prawns or fish as well! Simple is often best when it comes to pastas and you just can't go wrong with this gem of a recipe by Adreno founder Tim Neilsen. Don't be turned off by the addition of Anchovies either, it adds a salty flavour to the rich tomato base - trust us, just try it!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel now for fortnightly fish recipes, spearfishing videos, spearfishing tips and gear reviews
- 2 Crayfish
- 2 Punnets Cherry Tomatoes
- 10 Anchovies
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 1 Chilli
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- Remove crayfish heads and cut tail in half
- Remove the meat from the tail
- Add crayfish heads to pasta pot, add water and bring to boil
- Cut lobster meat into bite sized medallions.
- Finely chop garlic and sauté with butter
- Add lobster medallions to the pan and cook until just white.
- Take off heat when nearly cooked through to avoid over cooking & remove the crayfish meat from the pan
- For the pasta sauce, use the butter and garlic from cooking the crayfish and add anchovies and tomatoes to the pan
- Simmer for approximately 20 minutes until tomatoes reduce to a sauce
- Finely chop the parsley & chilli. Zest the lemon.
- Remove Crayfish heads from water. Bring water back up to boil and add spaghetti
- Add chilli, lemon zest and crayfish meat to pasta sauce. Gently stir through crayfish meat and add lemon juice
- Strain the pasta when cooked and add to sauce with the chopped parsley
- Top with parmesan and it's ready to eat!