Red Fish Curry
Love the sport of spearfishing but don't have an inkling on how to cook a fish? In this new series founder and owner of Adreno, Tim Neilsen, will show you how to Cook Your Catch.
For this red fish curry recipe, coral trout works great, however if you don’t want to waste a fish as incredible as coral trout, you can still cook an amazing meal with any lower grade of fish such as trevally, mackerel, kingfish or any other fish that has firm flesh. Follow these 6 simple steps and you’ll find that you now have the best way to cook any fish!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel now for fortnightly fish recipes, spearfishing videos, spearfishing tips and gear reviews
- Add oil, onion and garlic to a pan. Cook until onion is soft.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of curry paste, depending on your personal heat preference. Cook for 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Add coconut milk. Simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add chopped fish until it begins to turn white, then fold in spinach leaves.
- Remove from heat. Serve with chilli, lime, coriander and nuts.