Love the sport of spearfishing but don't have an inkling on how to cook a fish? In this new series founder and owner of Adreno, Tim Neilsen, will show you how to Cook Your Catch.
This Smoked Mackerel recipe uses a camp smoker to get that perfect smokey flavour. This fish recipe works great with almost any type of fish, however higher quality fish definitely smoke better. This is a great recipe that can be made in almost no time, the perfect camping dish. If you’re camping without a fridge, use a cool esky to marinade your fish.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel now for fortnightly fish recipes, spearfishing videos, spearfishing tips and gear reviews
- In a medium sized dish add sugar, salt, and half of the water and mix together well.
- Add fish and coat in marinade well.
- Add in the leftover water.
- Marinate in fridge for an hour.
- Light smoker and lay fish onto the smoking trays.
- Cover smoker and allow to smoke for roughly 15 to 20 minutes until fish is cooked
- Remove from smoker and serve with your favourite sides.